If you believe it’s time to clean your air conditioning duct work, then check out our 7 step preventative measures listed below in order to ensure that your problem doesn’t return after they’ve been cleaned. Call Us Today and Book your appointment.
1. Never trust any air duct cleaning service that make claims of health benefits. Who promise increased efficiency or who charge low rates that are too good to be true? There are many factors on both health and energy savings. (Please check with us.)
2. Never allow the company to use chemicals such as insecticides, biocides or chemical cleaners. Remember this stuff is later going to be circulating through your air!
3. Do not allow them to use steam because this introduces unneeded moisture into your air conditioning system, and although the moisture on the airflow side of your ducts will soon evaporate, steamers will also blow moisture into areas that do not receive air circulation (joints, etc.) which is a recipe for mold growth. Never allow unnatural moisture into your HVAC system.
4. Do not hire a fly by night air duct cleaning company, because there will be no guarantee that the job will be done correctly, and it will be impossible to take recourse against them if it isn’t. We are talking about $ 300 to $1000 investment here, please do your research.
5. As with any professional, ask for a price quote (also known as a “bid”) prior to hiring them. They should not be charging you by the hour or changing the price. The price should be upfront. Including a complete cleaning of the blower, coil and ducts with sanitizer and deodorizer.
6. Check online reviews to make sure that the duct cleaning company has great reviews. A company with bad reviews will only do bad work.
7. Make sure the company you choose has Insurance and references.